Creative & Cultural Skills is the licensed Sector Skills Council for the UK’s creative and cultural industries, including craft, cultural heritage, design, literature, music, performing arts and visual arts.
Founded in 2004, we were granted a new licence from Government to operate in January 2010. Our goal is to enable the creative and cultural industries to reach their economic potential through relevant skills and training. We work in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales and with international partners.
We deliver through the National Skills Academy for Creative & Cultural, a network of education and industry partners working together to improve the provision of skills and training for the creative and cultural industries.
Our work includes:
- Supporting the creative sector to take on apprentices through our Creative Apprenticeships programme
- Providing information, advice and guidance for creative careers through our Creative Choices programme
- Providing research and analysis in to the skills needs of the industry through our Creative Blueprint programme
- Supporting the creative sector to set the standards for high-quality work in the industry through our Professional Standards programme
- Providing specialist rehearsal space and training for the live music and theatre industries at The Backstage Centre in Purfleet, Essex.
Creative and Cultural Industries Limited is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales.
- Registered offices: The Backstage Centre, High House Production Park, Vellacott Close, Purfleet, Essex, RM19 1RJ
- Company no. 05122855
- VAT no. 987725455
- Creative and Cultural Industries Ltd is registered in England as Charity no. 1105974
- Creative and Cultural Industries Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, registration no. Z9353021
- Contact email firstname.lastname@example.org