Creative Skills Initiative
The Creative Employment Programme plans to create 1,600 pre-employment opportunities across England by July 2016.
Creating pre-employment opportunities for young people
The Creative Skills Initiative is a strand of the Creative Employment Programme specifically designed to give those aged 16-21, who are not yet ready to enter the workplace, some of the confidence and experience they need to take the next step towards employment or further training.
The Creative Skills Initiative will enhance the connection between education and the workplace, giving young people opportunities to engage in the arts, develop employability skills and gain nationally recognised qualifications.
The Creative Skills Initiative is led by Artswork and being delivered across England in partnership with the following organisations:
The programme core elements are:
- Work experience opportunities with a range of creative and cultural organisations
- Arts Award
- Qualification such as: Enterprise, Customer Services, Business Admin, Art & Design, Performing Arts
- Functional skills where required
- Employability skills
The Creative Skills Initiative is offered as an enrichment programme for existing Level 1 and 2 arts courses, as a bespoke course, or included as part of a cultural study programme.
- Creative Skills Initiative: college pack
- Creative Skills Initiative: employer pack
For more information, contact Miranda Hewitt-Green, National Programme Manager.