Darren Joyce, Head of Operations
Darren Joyce, Head of Operations, Cardiff Theatrical Services.
Where is your hometown?
Braintree, Essex, although I now live in Cardiff.
What job do you do?
Jointly run Cardiff Theatrical Services alongside the General Manager – overseeing the delivery of commercial scenery building projects for a wide range of clients.
What previous jobs have you done in the sector?
- Head of Construction at Royal National Theatre
- General Manager at Cardiff Theatrical Services
- Production Manager at Scottish Opera
- Production Manager at Welsh National Opera
- Many other freelance roles.
What qualifications do you have?
BA (Hons) in Scenic Construction and Stage Properties.
What’s the best thing about your job?
Working with brilliantly skilled people.
And the worst thing about the job?
What piece of advice would you give a young person hoping to work in your sector?
Be bold, be honest, turn up on time. Watch and learn from those around you, and believe in yourself.