Events staff work with centre and gallery and theatre managers to deliver an event. They manage, organise and oversee the running of a venue or function. They are responsible for coordinating all the arrangements such as room bookings, catering and special effects or promotional items.
Events staff are also involved in hiring venues for external events and also for hiring external venues, for example a historic house, where a play may be staged in the grounds or garden.
Events staff have to be extremely organised, often carrying out more than one task, such as:
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers
- Finding and booking suitable venues
- Planning room layouts, timetables, workshops and special demonstrations
- Arranging other facilities such as catering, toilets and entertainment
- Organising printed material, eg publicity flyers, posters or programmes
- Dealing with the queries or problems of exhibitors and visitors
- Overseeing the dismantlement and removal of stands and other fixtures/fittings
- Organising additional facilities, eg hospitality/press areas, first aid, car parking or police traffic control.