Exhibition guides and demonstrators help to educate visitors about a particular place or object. It is their role to bring to life a certain scenario or item, and to put it into the relevant context.
They may be involved in a range of activities such as:
- Showing visitors round a part of the building or collection
- Showing visitors a specific object or item
- Battle re-enactment, for example at a castle or particular historic site
- Craft demonstrations.
Exhibition guides and demonstrators may work in a number of different settings:
- As part of a re-enactment team or staff team at a museum
- In an interactive educational centre
- On a specific cultural or historical centre or site.