Heritage and historical worker
Heritage and historical workers are involved in many functions of cultural heritage sites.
They work using heritage building and historic garden skills. This includes, for example:
- Craft trades such as building and lime plasterer / renderer
- Garden design and producing a potager garden based on tradition design and content.
Heritage building skills craft workers are responsible for remedial and conservation work as well as rebuilding work. New buildings may also require heritage and historical skills, using local materials and techniques.
Workers with historical garden skills work at estates such the Lost Gardens of Heligan and National Trust or English Heritage sites. They to may be involved in:
- Garden restoration projects, using plants and techniques that are relevant to the age or original design of a garden
- The layout and any associated building construction, such as the walls of a walled garden or greenhouse construction
- Researching of an estate or site in order to develop planting plans and schedules of work
- Working with others such as gardeners to grow, maintain and harvest a site.