Managers in the music industry promote and plan an artist’s career. These can be singers, musicians, performers or anyone else working in the music or creative industries. Music Managers market and promote the artists to further their careers.
Managers work in close relationships with artists. These links often go beyond a typical working relationship. In terms of their daily tasks, music managers have to:
- Be aware of forthcoming productions, recordings, film or TV work appropriate to the artists they manage
- Liaise with a range of people, including producers, festival promoters and record companies
- Arrange interviews with the press
- Book engagements and negotiate fees
- Draw up contracts to the mutual satisfaction of all parties
- Regularly contact artists to discuss opportunities, activities and their requirements.