Project organiser (cultural heritage)
Project organisers work in cultural heritage at various levels of seniority.
They can work as:
At these varying levels of seniority, project organisers provide:
- Dedicated strategic support, direction and financial guidance. This will be with the goal of advancing the business or improving a historical site
- Management of resources such as people, money and materials
- Project promotion and marketing to the public
- Community engagement and fundraising for a historic site
- Property negotiation and management (including letting, sales and negotiations) for a site
- Rolling out educational and promotional strategies, either locally or nationally.
Project Organisers’ work varies considerably depending on the type and size of the project. For a small organisation they may be responsible for the economic future for a local historic building. In a large organisation they may promote strategic projects. This may include integrating the work of various different departments. They might also specialise in one area, such as providing information to the public.