Record retail manager
A record retail manager manages either an online or physical music store. They sell records, videos, MP3s and other products associated with recorded music. They are responsible for the day-to-day running of a store, and aim to improve its commercial performance.
A record store retail manager will carry out a range of activities to ensure that they run a profit-making business. They will:
- Be responsible for ensuring that a store reaches sales targets and increases profits
- Ensuring that goods are displayed correctly and that promotions are available
- Follow instructions for store changes from a head office in the case of larger or chain stores
- Ensure staff maintain a high level of customer service to retain customers. They may also have to deal with individual queries and complaints
- Deal with the health and safety aspects of running a store
- Ensure that supplies are re-ordered in time and in the correct amounts. These stores may also use a computer system for automatic stock ordering.