Recording industry producer
Recording industry producers organise all aspects of a recording session. Most operate in the traditional way of working with performers in a recording studio. They often do this with the assistance of a sound engineer. Others use their own equipment to try out ideas. They then apply these using a commercial recording studio for the final recording.
Record industry producer's work may include:
- Selecting songs and contacting songwriters
- Looking out for a song with 'hit' potential
- Calculating the budget and recording schedule
- Negotiating and signing contracts with performers and with the artists and repertoire (A&R) departments of music publishers or record companies
- Engineering the recording.