Where can I find a course in music equipment repair?

Bobby wants to know more about courses in repairing equipment and instruments.

I live in London and want any advice in finding a short course on musical instrument & equipment repair. Mainly dealing with repairing things such as amps.


— Bobby Joe

Expert answers

John Armitage 's reply:

​Thanks Bobby. Well there’s a touring technical course at the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford - this is a one-year course at diploma level. 

But if you want greater expertise, you could consider doing an electrical engineering course, possibly up to degree standard - this will give you all the amplifier repairing skills you need, as well as the ability to custom build your own stuff.

Hope that helps.

Stay updated

Sign up for our weekly careers newsletter

View our privacy policy.

Other recent questions