A quick business health check
How do you step back and review the direction of your business? Download a free tool that can help you think about what you have achieved and where your business is heading.
Finding time to review your business
If you are working on your own, or there are only a few of you, it can be difficult to step back and review your business' achievements and direction.
It will encourage you to monitor your motivation and the growth of the business.
Many successful business owners, however, would stress how important it is to find the time, particularly in a shifting and unpredictable environment.
The business health check tool asks you to spend a short period reviewing some key questions in relation to your business. It should make you consider wider questions, such as:
- What are the key things you need to address right now?
- What do you need to address in six months?
- What do you need to address in 12 months?
The hope is that this will encourage you to continue to monitor your motivation and the growth of the business.
Using the business health check tool
The tool consists of a number of statements that you can rate in relation to your business. The statements are divided into seven areas to reflect the core aspects of your work.
The tool will ask you to read a statement and select a number based on how strongly you agree or disagree with it.
From your responses, ask yourself:
- Do you still enjoy running your own business?
- When was the last time you reviewed your business?
- How much has it changed since then?
- Is that what you would have expected?
- How regularly do you feel you need to review your progress?
Download the quick business health check tool.
Get more free tools to help your business at the Business Survival Toolkit.