AMPlify Residency (18 - 25 yrs)
A digital residency for young people age 18 - 25 to experiment and test ideas.
Wysing Arts Centre hosts many artists in-residence across the year in our onsite farmhouse and range of artist studios.
We have developed this new short residency, Amplify, for artists aged 18 to 25 years to test new approaches and ideas through workshops and talks, whilst also having time to develop their own work. The residency will take Wysing’s forthcoming exhibition, All His Ghosts Must Do My Bidding, as a starting point for discussion and making.
What we’re looking for:
- This residency is for artists aged between 18 – 25 years.
- We are keen to support artists who live in Cambridgeshire and rural Fenland.
- Artists who want to test and share their ideas with others.
- Artists looking for inspiration to create new work.
- We will be looking to develop a group working across a range of creative practice with an emphasis on digital media, for example, Visual Art, Music, Film, Video, Photography, Spoken Word, Game Design, or Animation.
What you will get out of it:
- Access to some of the most exciting contemporary artists working today who have experience in teaching.
- The opportunity to develop your own work and ideas.
- The opportunity to develop knowledge of contemporary art practice with a focus on digital media and sound.
- Free accommodation and working space at Wysing Arts Centre including an onsite recording studio.
- The opportunity to meet peers in a supportive environment.
- The opportunity to work towards a Gold Arts Award.
- Free tickets to Wysing Polyphonic, Wysing’s annual music festival of music and sound on 7 September 2019.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 8 July. For more information and to apply visit our website.