British Architecture & 3D Design Summer Course
A highly practical course which includes a series of study trips to introduce the principles of British Architecture
Course highlights include:
- Principles of architectural design
- Spatial awareness
- Urban planning
- Course study trips including Stonehenge, Bath & London
- Project: Ancient vs Modern
- Research and sketchbook sessions
- Responding to an architectural brief
- Experimental design and large-scale installations
- Architectural materials, structures and construction
- Digital Drawing
- Laser Cutting and CAD software
- Developing a 3D model
An ideal introduction to British architecture and design, this course is based around the creative processes of ‘thinking and making’ to enhance your understanding of architectural design.
You will consider architectural concepts of space, form, function and technology through a mixture of theory, practice and fieldwork.
You will develop your drawing skills, whilst individual and group studio projects will allow you to explore building materials and methods of construction. Course study trips will underpin your studio sessions with visits to significant buildings and public spaces, including London.
You’ll be encouraged to use digital techniques in your work, along with drawing and illustrative methods to develop your ideas on building concepts, spatial awareness and form. Using your drawings and digital software, you will also produce a 3D model from your design.