Free Professional Development for Crafts Teachers and Trainers
CRAFTS 3.0 is a European partnership that aims to support the transition of Crafts teachers and trainers to the digital age.
As a partnership of seven European countries, the programme will facilitate the recognition of competences and support the mobility of crafts teachers and trainers across Europe.
It promotes lifelong learning, skills certification and training credit.
Are you a:
✓ Crafts teacher or trainer who wishes to improve your vocational training activity with an on-line component?
✓ Professional maker, mentor or graduate in the craft sector interested to develop your digital skills and role as a teacher/trainer?
✓ Crafts organization, workshop, studio or training provider seeking to keep your teaching methods updated in terms of technology and latest developments?
We are offering the opportunity to pilot and test for free a suite of innovative digital learning resources that can make your teaching and practice much more effective and accessible.
We will be focusing on digital tools that can help you run your Crafts Business more effectively.
There are three modules:
1. Digital Tools for Crafts Businesses
2. Online & Digital Training for Crafts Teachers
3. Digital Tools for Crafts Practitioners
You will be supported by an experienced Crafts teacher and practitioner in the UK and by a vocational and technical training mentor online.
You will learn to use a Mobile App to develop learning content tailored to your practice and teaching, that you can then test out on your pupils and learners.
What you need in order to participate
✓ Some basic experience as a crafts teacher or trainer
✓ A minimum base level of IT proficiency (basic use of computers, search engines and software, word and image processing programmes)
✓ Some knowledge and ability in use of mobile applications
✓ A positive attitude towards change and updating of practice.
When does it take place?
- The pilot runs from October 2019 to March 2020
- You will be expected to attend a series of group workshops and tutorials.
- You will test the curriculum in use with a group or class of your own learners
- Hours are flexible and much of the learning will be undertaken online at times that suits you.
- You will have the opportunity to develop and test your own tailored learning App
- In all, this should amount to around 3 hours a week of supported and self-directed learning.