Facilitator & Performer
OpenView Education is seeking facilitators and performers to deliver performances and workshops.
About the role:
This role will offer a high level of autonomy, and the opportunity to perform and facilitate in primary schools. You will also learn new performance and facilitation skills and become part of a growing company with the possibility of further opportunities throughout the year.
Your standard day would involve performing a solo Anti-Bullying show that is 45 minutes long for up to 300 students. The show is a high energy, physical performance that involves puppetry, veil poi and audience participation.
The performance will then be followed by facilitating up to 6 Anti-Bullying workshops with individual classes. The workshops are 35 minutes - 1 hour in length.
This job will involve early starts, and may involve travelling reasonably long distances. We are therefore looking for drivers with access to their own vehicle.
Applicants need to be available for the following dates. Please note, we are unable to allow time off for castings, so please only apply if you are able to commit to the dates.
- Casting: Tuesday 8th October 2019: London Location TBC
- Rehearsals: Monday 28th October 2019 - Friday 1st November 2019
- Touring: Monday 4th November 2019 - Friday 22nd November 2019 (London)
- Monday 25th November - Friday 29th November 2019 (Optional extension in Manchester)
- Access to your own vehicle.
- Hold an up to date enhanced DBS check (within two years, or on update service)
- Based in Greater London area.
- Your own laptop with PowerPoint.
- Experience or background in theatre or performance.
- Experience or background in an educational context or of working with young people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be self-directed with excellent time management skills.
- Your own Bluetooth speaker.
- Performance experience with puppetry.
- Training in performance or education.
- Experience facilitating or performing in schools.
- Rehearsal Week: £450
- Touring: £625 a week (£125 per day)
How to apply:
Please send a one page cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role and your CV to email@example.com, by 12pm on Monday 30th September 2019.
Successful applicants will be contacted and invited to an audition by 6pm Monday 30th September 2019.
Find out more about OpenView Education here.