Open School East 2020
At Open School East, we are committed to improving the diversity of our organisation as a whole and building inclusive cultures every day.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 1 October 2019, 12pm
Open evening: Wednesday 18 September 2019, 6-7.30pm
We are seeking applications from emerging artists, makers, producers, researchers and writers to join OSE’s independent, self-directed and outward-facing development programme.
About Open School East
Founded in 2013 and located in the coastal town of Margate, Open School East is a space for artistic and collaborative learning that is free, versatile and non-exclusive. We run four complementary strands:
• The Associates Programme: a free, 11-month long development programme for emerging artists and cultural practitioners;
• The Young Associates Programme: a free, 10-month long, accredited arts and design programme for local young people aged 16-18;
• The Despacito Art School: a weekly art, craft and functional object-making programme open to 6 to 11 year olds who lack opportunities to develop creatively;
• The Public Programme: a multifaceted programme of events, activities and short courses, free of charge and open to everyone.
About the Associates Programme
The Associates Programme is a free development programme offering a critical, informal and noncompetitive environment in which to develop your practice and expand your networks. The programme is run according to principles of collaboration, experimentation and openness, and welcomes those who
engage with these notions in different ways.
The Associates Programme runs across eleven months – from February to December – and is principally self-directed, creating platforms to experiment and meet long-lasting collaborators and peers.
We provide the Associates with:
• A shared workspace, accessible 24/7;
• Weekly tuition and mentorship from internationally renowned practitioners, theorists and curators;
• The tools and means to conceive and deliver a programme of public events, workshops and short courses around your practice and shared interests;
• Opportunities to showcase work and carry out short residencies at local and national venues;
• Critical, pastoral and practical support;
• Seed-funding to develop, research or initiate a project.
2020 Term 1 curriculum leader: Anthea Hamilton.
2020 mentors: Clair Le Couteur, Benedict Drew, Marguerite Humeau, Paul Maheke, Sophie Mallett, Sarah McCrory, Melika Ngombe Kolongo, Sally O’Reilly, Trish Scott.
At OSE, we are committed to improving the diversity of our organisation as a whole and building inclusive cultures every day. Therefore we encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds, generations and sections of the community, both with and without formal training.
Find out more about the programme and how to apply here: www.openschooleast.org/call-out-2020/
E-mail your questions at email@example.com or call us on: 07511 159 644.