Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults in the Arts and Cultural Sector
designed for those looking to update their understanding of safeguarding legislation & best practice
This new course has been designed for individuals and organisations looking to update their understanding of safeguarding legislation and best practice, specifically when working with vulnerable adults in the creative, cultural and heritage sectors. You will explore what is meant by the term “vulnerable adult” in the context of your work and will develop approaches for recognising and responding to the different types of abuse associated with adults at risk.
This engaging course will look at sector specific case studies and examples and will offer practical advice and tools to help you develop sensible structures and build confidence around issues relating to working with vulnerable adults. You will spend some focussed time exploring the particular challenges facing young adults (age 18-30).
- Everyone working or looking to work, in the creative, cultural and heritage sectors with vulnerable adults and/or adults at risk.
You will gain:
- Understanding of what is meant by the term 'vulnerable adult' in the context of your work
- Knowledge of the forms that abuse may take
- Understanding of how to identify signs and symptoms in your workplace
- Confidence in reporting procedures
- An overview of the legislation and guidance concerning safeguarding adults at risk
For full course details and to book your place online please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/safeguarding-vulnerable-adults-in-the-arts-and-cultural-sector-tickets-53134397413