Please note that this ad has now expired
ABO Conference Assistant
National Minimum Wage subject to assistant's age
Application deadline: November 13th 2019
The ABO's primary event each year is its annual conference, the major gathering of the classical music industry in the UK, with over 300 delegates drawn from orchestras both from within the UK and abroad, plus funding agencies, venues, agents, publishers and suppliers. Our Principal Media Partner is Classic FM, Classical Music magazine is our Print Media Partner and Help Musicians UK are our Charity Partner. The 2020 Conference will be held in Manchester from 29-31 January 2020, hosted by The Hallé and the BBC Philharmonic. We are now looking for a conference assistant to join the ABO team (3 days a week) for 8 weeks in the run-up to and for the duration of the conference, this being 25 November 2019 to 31 January 2020.
- Processing booking forms in collaboration with the Office & Events Administrator
- Answering telephone calls and email enquiries as required
- Producing name badges and other printed materials for delegate packs
- General office administration – filing, photocopying, organising outgoing post
- Attending the Conference, registering delegates, and greeting speakers
- Assisting the Office & Events Administrator in liaising with sponsors and exhibitors and welcoming trade exhibitors to the conference
- Supervising conference sessions to ensure they run smoothly and being on hand to assist with any queries
- Assisting the ABO team with any additional duties as required
- Hands-on experience of working in a dynamic arts organisation and exposure to the UK’s orchestral sector and wider classical music industry
- Opportunity to develop key skills including event administration and management and database management
- Opportunity to make contacts within the industry
We are looking for a responsible and enthusiastic candidate with good organisational skills and a keen interest in classical music and the orchestral sector. You will be a good communicator with a pro-active approach, excellent attention to detail and a quick learner able to work independently as well as part of the team. You should be IT literate with Microsoft Office skills.
Please send or e-mail a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability and interest in the position to: Jenny Lomas, Membership & Operations Manager, Association of British Orchestras, 32 Rose Street, London WC2E 9ET or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 12pm on Wednesday 13 November. Interviews will be held on Monday 18 November. If you require any further details on this role please email Jenny Lomas.
Further details on the ABO website.