Apprentice in Creative Design
£137 per week
Application deadline: July 22nd 2018
- Under the direction of the Fundraising & Grants Manager, support the creation of external promotional materials for a range of audiences and purposes;
- Contribute to the preparation of content for print and web distribution;
- Contribute to the design and creation of brochures and materials for internal use as required by other departments (as agreed);
- Contribute to the design and implementation of campaign materials.
- Lead in the production of the external newsletters;
- Help ensure QAC’s Fundraising online presence and activity is up to date.
Video – Business Support:
- Work with Fundraising team to create snapshots/reels to promote fundraising events, as well as other promotional events where needed;
- Work with Fundraising team to create engaging videos to reflect current campaigns and projects;
- Attend organised events to capture footage and shots to be used in future promotional materials.
Video / Media – Curriculum:
- Guided by tutors, and where time allows, work with student groups to assist with behind the scenes and filming of performances.
- Ensure that the content of all material produced is appropriate and aligned to the College ethos and Fundraising / Marketing strategies.
- Create and edit materials, such as videos, photos and text for publication in print, to the website and social media sites.
- Adhere to the College’s Acceptable Use of IT policy at all times.
- To meet deadlines set by the Fundraising & Grants Manager.
- Assist in providing efficient administration support to the Fundraising team
- To support the Fundraising team in various projects, events and activities.
- To contribute to the general running of the office and to support other colleagues as and when required.
The Fundraising Team is small, working closely with other teams including Marketing, Enterprises and Curriculum, so flexibility in approach is a must;
Some periods will be busier than others, for example events seasons, student performance times, so prioritisation and flexibility will be needed;
Some events will be evening/weekends, and attendance at some will be needed to enable post event write ups and future promotional materials;
The opportunity to work with student groups on their performances and work (e.g Creative Media and Performing Arts) will add another dimension to the individual’s experience, but they will need to be comfortable working with and around people with disabilities. This is not an essential part of the job role, and will only happen if there are opportunities to work with the academic groups and staff.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. QAC complies with safeguarding guidelines and all appointees are required to have a DBS check and two satisfactory references.