Box Office Access Coordinator
Closing date for applications: Monday 6th January, 8.00am.
£12,871.80 per annum - part-time (2 days – Monday and Tuesday)
The Royal Opera House welcomes audiences to performances of ballet and opera and participants in its learning and participation programme in excess of one million per year. Our Box Office team deals with enquiries, sales and services including performance details, catering options, memberships and general information - across multiple of communication channels. Central to the team`s success is a consistent and coordinated approach to customer service standards, confidence in systems and data and support to the team via effective leadership and communication.
We are now looking to appoint an additional Access Coordinator (job share) to co-coordinate the dedicated Box Office service provided for our disabled customers, working proactively to meet their requirements.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing the Royal Opera House’s Access Membership scheme.
- Providing personalized assistance in all aspects of booking tickets.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of Access Membership and identifying and suggesting developments and enhancements to the service provided.
- Producing and circulating reports to Front of House, Facilities and other staff, advising them of Access requirements for each individual performance.
- Managing the relationship with the supplier of our audio introduction service.
This is an exciting opportunity to bring your customer service and disabled access expertise to one of the world`s busiest theatres. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge and experience of disability access in a theatre or live performance venue.
- Experience in an arts-related Box Office.
- Proven experience of delivering excellent customer service.
- Experience of using a computerised ticketing or other booking system (ideally Tessitura).
- Sales experience and experience of cash handling, including electronic payments.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We welcome conversations about flexible working.
A full job description and information on how to apply for this position are available on our website http://recruitment.roh.org.uk/vacancyView.php?requirementId=3826. Please contact the Human Resources Department on Tel: +44 (0) 20 7212 9752 if you have any access requirements or queries.
Closing date for applications: 08.00, Monday 6 January 2020.
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.