Please note that this ad has now expired
Our artist pay scale starts at £60 for a one hour rehearsal
Application deadline: August 18th 2018
We are looking to recruit talented and inspiring vocalists to lead and/or support choirs in our London primary and secondary schools. Placements will commence from September onwards on a freelance basis, with most school placements consisting of one-hour rehearsals on a weekly basis.
The ideal candidate will:
· have a genuine passion for and belief in the potential of every young person
· be an excellent teacher and musician
· be an active musician
· Lead and develop the school choir, building up student numbers and school support throughout the year
· Lead weekly music rehearsals, and identify performance opportunities
· Establish routines and systems which create a positive learning environment
· Deliver excellent rehearsals which develop pupils’ musicianship in a progressive and purposeful way, with an inclusive practice that allows all musicians to lear
· Source and/or arrange engaging and appropriate repertoire
· Stay abreast of modern teaching practices
· Attend relevant Ark training days
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application pack. We will be holding interviews on Friday 20th July, Thursday 26th July, Thursday 2nd August and Thursday 16th August. We will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis over the summer period.