Please note that this ad has now expired
Company Soft Tissue Therapist
Full Time, Fixed-Term (2 years)
Circa £30,000 per annum, dependant on experience
Application deadline: November 26th 2019
This is a fantastic opportunity and an exciting time to join English National Ballet (ENB) as we have just moved to our new purpose-built home, with state-of-the-art rehabilitation and fitness facilities, to provide the physical space we need to achieve our vision to be the country’s most creative, diverse and exciting ballet company.
We are looking for a Company Soft Tissue Therapist to join the ENB’s Medical team, to help assist in providing the best practice treatment to ENB Dancers, and others as directed by the Medical Director.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in the provision of soft tissue therapy to athletes/dancers with a record of working within a multi-disciplinary team. It is essential for you to hold a minimum Level 4 Soft tissue qualification or a degree in sport rehabilitation / sport therapy and a positive attitude to information technology.
Experience and Knowledge
• Considerable experience in the provision of soft tissue therapy to athletes / dancers which should include work in high performance environment
• Verifiable record of working within a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of soft tissue therapy
• Experience working within the dance field (desirable)
• Experience travelling with teams (desirable)
• If within scope of qualification, experience in running rehabilitation of patients (desirable)
Skills and Abilities
• Good organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills
Qualifications and Accreditations
• Either soft tissue qualification (minimum level 4) attained through an accredited school that meets QCF standards or a degree in sport rehabilitation / sport therapy
• Be a member of a Professional Association or General Council for Soft Tissue Therapies or Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council.
• Qualified in Acupuncture (desirable)
• Up to date first aid certificate (desirable)
• Positive attitude to information technology
• Personal commitment to continuous personal professional development
Hours of working
Such hours are necessary to carry out duties, 10am to 6.30pm over Monday-Friday and 10am to 2pm on Saturday. Evening and weekend work will occasionally be required.
Normal place of work
English National Ballet, 41 Hopewell Square, London E14 0SY, though additional working will be required away from the office when the Company is performing in London, the regions and internationally.
Deadline for applications: 9am on 26 November 2019.
Selection Process: This will be a 2-part interview process. The process will consist of an interview followed immediately by a practical station. Interviews are likely to take place in week commencing 2 December 2019.
How to apply
Download the full job description, then please send your CV and covering letter providing evidence of your ability and experience, and the names of your two most recent referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.