Please note that this ad has now expired
Creative Venue Technician Apprentice
Fixed Term, 18-24 months
£7.90 per hour, plus benefits
Application deadline: December 9th 2018
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with 2 leading creative organisations? Do you have a passion for live performance and want to work as part of a technical team?
Sadler’s Wells Theatre and Roundhouse are working in partnership to offer two apprenticeships in technical theatre sound, lighting and stage.
Supported by the National College Creative Industries you will work to complete a Level 3 Creative Venue Technician apprenticeship standard, and develop technical skills and production knowledge as you work as part of our crew.
Both of our Apprentices will work equally across Roundhouse and Sadler’s Wells Theatre venues, learning how to operate a sound desk, execute a lighting design and assist on events or productions. You will experience on-the-job training and have the opportunity to work on a variety of circus, dance and theatre performances, as well as music gigs and corporate events.
- Be willing to complete a Level 3 apprenticeship standard with the National College Creative Industries
- Have an enthusiasm for live theatre, music and performance
- Enjoy working practically
- Be determined and proactive with a willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Be self-motivated, committed, positive and reliable
- Have a proactive and flexible approach to work with the ability to work as part of a team
- Be willing to work unsociable hours
- Have excellent time keeping skills
If you have an interest in sound engineering, how lights work within a show and what makes a live event backstage, this may be the right opportunity for you to begin your career in technical theatre.
For more information, please go to - bit.ly/2zb178E
Hourly rate £7.90 per hour, plus benefits.
- Grade C or above in English and Maths are desirable
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths will be required to achieve this level prior to the end of the Apprenticeship (delivered by the National College Creative Industries)
- You must not have completed a university degree or equivalent level qualification
If you would like to receive further insight into the role, please join us on our open day at Sadler’s Wells on Thursday 6 December 2018 at 3PM.
Closing date for completed applications is Sunday 9 December 2018.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 13 December 2018.
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and actively encourage applicants from different backgrounds.
For a list of all our current opportunities, please go to the Sadler’s Wells website sadlerswells.com/vacancies. Please note that if you have not already done so, you will be required to register an account with us when you first apply for one of our opportunities.
As users of the disability confident scheme, Sadler’s Wells guarantees to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.