Please note that this ad has now expired
Digital Conent Manager
Application deadline: March 28th 2019
Sam Lee Digital Content Manager
Freelance contract 1 - 2.5 days per week. To be part based between office in Dalston E8 (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday) and also from home, with regular meetings at management office (W1).
£120 per day to start as soon as possible.
We are looking for a skilled, passionate, experienced and strategic digital content manager to take a pivotal creative role working alongside folk musician Sam Lee and his Management running an album and touring campaign which will launch later this year. You will be expected to work closely with our Digital Content Consultant, as well as with our label Cooking Vinyl Records and the rest of Sam’s team.
The Digital Content Manager will be responsible for overseeing all of Sam’s digital communications. We are looking for a candidate able to take initiative and develop and follow a clear strategy, ultimately delivering strong impact on album sales, live ticket sales and significantly grow Sam’s social media followers.
Sam is an artist working at the forefront of conserving folk song, promoting the live scene for roots, world and folk music, bringing music and nature conservation together in unique and magical ways and holistically challenging the environment in which music exists and flourishes. The majority of output will be through film material, podcasts, playlists etc. This role will be focused on finding as many ways to interpret the work, resources generated and practices that Sam does into digital form and disseminate as best as possible.
An awareness and understanding of Nature and conservation is very desirable, Likewise an awareness of the Folk Music scene is also desirable but not necessary. Skills in copy writing and editing, sound editing, Podcast dissemination is also vital as well as video and film production. Some filming work will be necessary alongside editing existing and bespoke material made for the campaign.
· Contribute to the development of digital content for Sam Lee, working closely with Management, Digital Content Producers and makers to develop concepts and briefs for digital content, in line with the album campaign and live touring activity
· Work with Sam Lee and his Management & content makers / providers to agree budgets for the development of digital content
· Work with Sam, Management, Cooking Vinyl the PR and Marketing Partners to ensure social media activity is planned and delivered in a compelling and strategic way, in line with our campaign vision
· Ensure that campaigns are conceived and planned in a data-driven way to deliver targeted activity and maximise engagement (increasing social media followers will be a primary objective)
· Assist in devising and delivering creative, comprehensive and effective through-the-line marketing campaigns, working within agreed campaign budgets and with Sam’s team
· Create campaign plans which identify key audiences, devise strategies to engage audiences and drive album & ticket sales, engagement with new audiences and establish clear timelines for the delivery of campaign activity
· Work closely with Sam, Management, the Press Team, and label (where appropriate) in shaping fully integrated communications campaigns and co-ordinating marketing and press activity and maximising promotional opportunities
· Provide regular updates to Sam’s Management, the Marketing team and other relevant Heads of Department on campaign activity, sales and budgets
· Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns through audience research and analysis, creating post-event evaluations
· Upkeep and re-design (as required) of website content and all social media platforms
· Designing and circulating of eNewsletters.
· Overseeing the Sam Lee brand and ensuring continuity across all platforms and digital spaces.
· Management of digital marketing activity
· Editing, producing and at times creating digital media content: photography, podcasts and film
● Minimum 2-3 years’ experience of implementing online marketing campaigns for live events and music promotion working within a team environment
● Uses own initiative and can also take direction
● Creative, strategic and proactive
● Strong copywriting skills
● Digital filming and editing skills for sound and video
● Team player
● Strong experience of social media marketing
● Effective time and task prioritisation
● Good communication skills, ability to quickly build rapport
● IT literate - Word, Excel, Google docs, photoshop
● Knowledge of content management system for Wordpress sites
● Basic design skills
● Good understanding of the UK arts, music and folk scene
● Good understanding of UK music/arts audiences and their motivations
● Appreciation for nature conservation, ethnomusicology, folk music
Please email email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter (max 500 words) explaining your interest in and suitability for the role by Thurs 28th March 5pm
About Sam Lee
Folk Singer, Song Collector and Presenter, Sam Lee has spent the last 13 years working with some of the most exciting British and international folk artists and industry professionals re-galvanizing the London and UK folk scene through his live events challenging the ecosystem in which the music is fostered, the way it sounds and how it is presented. Director of the Nest Collective and The Song Collectors Collective and an award-winning musician himself Sam has been instrumental as one of the new wave of young activists shaping the landscape of folk, world and roots music in the UK. With 2 critically acclaimed albums, his debut receiving a Mercury Music Prize nomination, Sam works holistically in challenging the very nature of our heritage music in the 21st Century.