Please note that this ad has now expired
Digital Project Management Assistant
An award winning communications agency is looking for an Apprentice!
Application deadline: August 13th 2018
Job Title: Digital Project Management Assistant
Reporting to: Digital Director
drp is one of Europe's most experienced, largest, fully integrated, award winning communications agencies. From the strategic communication consultancy, to our complete in-house production facilities for digital media, video, events & print, we deliver to companies of all sizes that span a wide range of markets.
We’re an exciting, fun, and rapidly expanding company that’s packed full of passionate problem solvers. It’s our purpose to take the impossible and create amazing solutions for our clients that get noticed and get results.
Find out more about us and being an apprentice:
SALARY & CONTRACT
Agreed as per contract of employment.
You’ll be eligible to join a team bonus scheme which is explained in your contract.
Your education will be funded as a part of your apprenticeship.
drp is, of course, an equal opportunities employer
WHAT BENEFITS COME WITH THE JOB?
24 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays Pension Scheme
Maternity & paternity Leave Weekend Pay if required
Company Bonus Scheme Discounted Medical Insurance
Childcare Vouchers Flexible Working Hours
Free onsite parking Discounted in house café
Cycle to work scheme Employee Assistance Helpline
Learning & Development Eye Tests
WHAT’S THE PURPOSE OF MY ROLE?
Assist our Project Management team, our Digital Business Development Manager and the Department Director with support for operational duties and with the running of the department. A key part of the role will be to support Project Managers with our on-going maintenance contracts. These contracts require client contact and communication, task management and liaising with the team to ensure deliverables are met.
As part of your on-going development you will also take on a Project Management role of smaller projects with the support of your colleagues with the purpose of progressing you into a Digital Project Manager role.
In addition to the above, you will also support the team with scheduling calendars, preparing and collating costs, entering data on to our internal budgeting software, assisting with proposals and a number of other administrative tasks.
You will also be placed on a level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship course, within this course you will be given a one 2 one mentor, develop your own projects within the course and develop your understanding of managing projects and the different methods of project managment. As part of this course you will also gain a qualification from the APM (Association of Project Management) in project management fundamentals. An industry recognised qualification that will make sure you are best you can possibly be for drp.
This opportunity is great for anyone with a keen interest in the digital world as you will be assisting the team in creating award winning digital solutions for some huge Worldwide brands.
WHAT WILL MY MAIN DUTIES BE?
- Support the team with the facilitation of maintenance contracts and tasks
- Support and assist the department in the operation of digital tasks & projects
- Responsible for the scheduling of the teams’ production time
- Develop, instigate and execute efficient ways of supporting the team
- Support the team with the collation, development and supply of costs
- Responsible for the scheduling of digital equipment and ordering in external supplies
- Assist with digital testing of projects and proof reading of proposals
- Willing to work outside normal office hours when required
- Complete your level 4 apprenticeship
This list is not exhaustive and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties from time to time as required.
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Good people and team management skills
- Self-organised and structured approach to work
WHAT CHARACTERISTICS SHOULD I HAVE?
- Passionate and self-motivated
- Committed to the highest standards of customer service
- Organised with a true desire for detail
- You have a ‘can do’ and ‘anything is possible’ attitude to whatever comes your way
- Quick to understand a task and what needs to be done to achieve it
- Positive attitude towards challenging situations and multi-tasking
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work individually and as part of a wider team
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop existing ones
- Must be committed to making ‘anything possible’ with a ‘can do’ attitude
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED?
- You need to be able to travel throughout the UK and overseas
- Full clean driving licence – you will need to drive to work at drp (if you’re still learning you’d need to pass your test and have transport within 3 months of joining)
- The role will be based primarily in our Worcestershire head office.
- There will be times when your role will need to work from some of our other offices around the UK.
- You may get the chance to work in other countries as part of this role.
THE DRP VALUES
Take a read through the values below.
These are important to us and a big part of how we work at drp.
You’ll need to be able to give us examples of how you deliver these values in what you do.
TRUST. PASSION. EFFECTIVE. BELIEF. UNDERSTANDING.