Please note that this ad has now expired
London living wage
Application deadline: June 6th 2019
Ready to delve into the world of news, lifestyle and culture? FT Weekend Magazine is looking for an intelligent, aspiring journalist to join their team.
FT Weekend Magazine – winner of a British Press Award for supplement of the year, caters for those who relish outstanding writing, stunning photography, and original interviews and columns. They have a well-informed, global audience who span students to baby boomers and aim to present them with an ‘intelligent treat’ on a weekly basis. As long-form journalism becomes harder and harder to find in the British press, they take pride in championing it and our readers return to us for our narrative reportage, forensic investigations, sparkling interviews and delicious food and drink features.
The company are looking for an enthusiastic Editorial Intern to join their team. In this fantastic role, you will be expected to carry out a range of tasks, including fact-checking, proof-reading, social media production, research and some administrative work.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Fact check articles, research & make clarifications with journalists
- Create tweets, twitter cards and Facebook posts for FT Magazine
- Administration duties including sorting post that arrives for the desk, distributing magazines and ad hoc tasks
- Learn how to create interesting and concise headlines and standfirsts
- Learn about working to deadlines, taking responsibility for individual tasks and working well as part of a team
- Learn how to create social media posts that drive traffic and encourage reader engagement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Proven written ability and interest in journalism (examples of written work to be provided with applications)
- Work experience in media/journalistic environment – magazine/broadcast/newspaper etc.
- Postgraduate qualification in journalism
- Social media presence (Twitter, Instagram)
- Personal blog or published work online
- An undergraduate degree, at 2:1 or above. Ideally in journalism/English/history/arts/politics, social and political sciences or similar
- Please upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly