Please note that this ad has now expired
Experienced Cabinet Maker
Anthony Lloyd Furniture; Contemporary Furniture. Traditional Craftsmanship
Between £24,000 and £34,000 (based on skill and experience)
Application deadline: November 5th 2018
Building Crafts College graduate Nat Lloyd was presented with the award for excellence and went on to win the Worshipful Company of Joiners and Ceiler's prestigious national competition, a lifetime distinction that earned him the title of Freeman of London. Since that time, having gained
experience at the Iconic Edward Barnsley Workshop, Nat has gone it alone, creating bespoke pieces as Anthony Lloyd Furniture.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced cabinet maker to become a valuable addition to a rapidly evolving small business, producing the finest quality bespoke furniture.
We want someone with the same appetite for perfection as we have; someone who takes immense care in their work, with meticulous attention to detail. We are growing and changing all the time; the person will work alongside Nat, demonstrating their skill set and ideally bringing with them their own creative input and imagination. We want the one who was building boxes in their shed as a kid; that student who was top of their class.
What we're after:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar working environment
- Formal education/training – this might have been furniture design, cabinet making, etc. but the candidate must have learnt and utilised practical skills of the highest level
- A well-organised, methodical individual, reliable and able to work to deadlines and clear procedures
- Able to take care of an entire job independently, and see it from planning through to final polish
- Able to work from detailed production drawings
- Must be able to work to precise tolerances with intricate attention
- A capacity for hard work, a problem solving nature and positive attitude