Please note that this ad has now expired
Full Time, Permanent
Circa £55,000 per annum, dependant on experience
Application deadline: November 11th 2019
By supporting ENB’s vision, the Financial Controller will work closely with the Finance Director to support them with financial strategy, business planning, operational systems and people management whilst business partnering the Company’s trading/enterprises function. The Financial Controller will lead on ensuring the Company has the financial/professional expertise to build a strong internal control environment that delivers timely and accurate information for quality reporting to support decisions and report progress against budget and forecast.
The Financial Controller is a key role in the Company, being a major contributor to delivering our strategic priorities by focussing on strengthening our ability to meet our organisational challenges through:
- Managing a tight financial envelope and significant financial risk.
- Providing timely information and efficiencies so that we can maintain our artistic impact to maintain a positive return on investment to sustain a sound financial base.
- Growing our revenue streams to meet both our commercial drive and artistic vision, with an innovative, ethical and culturally inclusive approach.
- Increasing our commercial skills and striving to develop and professionalise our corporate services function.
Experience and Knowledge
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA fully qualified accountant with significant post qualification working experience in the Charity/Not for Profit/Arts sectors (especially touring performing companies).
- Demonstrable experience of effectively managing/reviewing/improving, finance systems and internal processes.
- Proven experience of financial and management reporting, audit management, charity tax and VAT (including partial exemption) and commercial financial analysis.
- Proven experience of supporting, developing and (effectively) performance managing individuals to deliver financial prowess to complement an organisations financial model.
- Experienced in using CRM and box office systems (Tessitura) and various finance systems (as an Administrator), with a working knowledge of Payroll.
Skills and Abilities
- Exemplary communication (written and verbal) and actively listening skills with the ability to articulate financial statuses, accurately and succinctly.
- Exceptional proficient accuracy and attention to detail, with a highly numerate ability.
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritising own work load, whilst dealing with conflicting deadlines, with an efficient, focussed and calm approach.
- Good influencing skills with a personal drive to get the results required to support the wider organisation make the best decisions on a timely basis.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft office, particularly Excel, Word, and finance general ledger software.
- Proficient working knowledge of SUN Systems V6.3 and Q&A.
- Proficient with bank and POS systems.
- Experience with CRM and box office systems (Tessitura).
- Gravitas and confidence to gain respect and credibility quickly and at all levels across the Company.
- Acute self-awareness and of others in a progressive and demanding arts and dance environment.
- Performance driven with a professional and ethical approach in all aspects of your work as an ambassador for the Company.
- Effective in balancing work and life demands.
Circa £55,000 per annum, dependant on experience.
Hours of working
Normal office hours are 10 am to 6 pm over weekdays. Evening and weekend work will occasionally be required.
Normal place of work
English National Ballet, 41 Hopewell Square, London E14 0SY
Deadline for applications: 9am, Monday 11 November 2019.
Selection Process: Interviews are likely to be held w/c 18 & 25 November 2019.
How to apply
Download the full job description, then please send your CV and covering letter providing evidence of your ability and experience, and the names of your two most recent referees to email@example.com.