Please note that this ad has now expired
Head of Communications and Marketing
Arcola is looking for an ambitious, artistic leader of its Comms+Marketing
£32,000 - £35,000 per year
Application deadline: September 16th 2019
We’re looking for someone to
- Lead on artistic messaging, interpreting and connecting plays / seasons to a wide range of audiences.
- Lead our marketing and PR campaigns, and a team to deliver them.
- Develop and grow Arcola’s Communications and Marketing department.
- Work closely with senior management on Arcola’s organisational development.
- Contribute to the artistic excellence of Arcola Theatre.
This is a hugely exciting time to join Arcola. We have recently transitioned to producing or co-producing almost every show in our programme, enabling close artistic involvement with the work we stage. In the last year we have started to tour our productions for the first time (New Nigerians and, currently, Little Miss Sunshine). We have also just opened Arcola’s first ever production at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe – Until The Flood at the Traverse Theatre – to universal critical acclaim. Our upcoming autumn season includes a co-production with one of the largest theatre companies in the world, the RSC. Next year will be our 20th anniversary, and we will be marking the occasion with a year-long season of productions, including brand new commissions from major playwrights.