Please note that this ad has now expired
HR Assistant - 1 year fixed term contract
Application deadline: February 11th 2020
Have a little HR experience? Or are you really you new to HR? Do you have business or office administration experience and keen to get to grips with Human Resources? This new role could be just for you.
St Martin-in-the-Fields is a unique configuration of cultural, charitable and commercial initiatives rooted in the life of a vibrant Church of England congregation.
We are a team of 137, working across all departments, either visitor facing or behind the scenes, and from all walks of life, working full or part time, speaking many different languages and bringing our own individual talent to St Martin’s. This is an amazing opportunity if you want to make a real difference.
Our HR team is a team of three. We need to find the right person who shares our passion, enthusiasm and dedication to be part of this amazing team in a beautiful area of central London, and can facilitate the administration of all stages in an employee lifecycle.
If you are…
- Self-motivated – able to get on with it
- Passionate – about working with people and super organised
- Hardworking – who can take the initiative to get things done
- Self-starting – excellent at organisation and calm under pressure
- Friendly – able to work in a team
- Approachable – the go to person
- Sensitive – understand the confidential nature of the role
…and willing to learn, please apply.
This is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate looking for the first step or next step on their HR journey, with a desire to undertake some learning and development.
Working at St Martin’s
- Based at: St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London (closet overground station London Charing Cross, underground Charing Cross, Embankment and Leicester Square).
- Working pattern: Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend work for learning and development, 40 hours per week, including early mornings and evenings.
- Salary: £22,000 per annum plus Workplace Pension.
- Free filter coffee and tea throughout your working day, 20% discount in our cafes, Shop (excluding books) and limited concert concessions.
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
For a full job profile see our website www.smitf.org
How to apply
To apply for this post, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00am on Tuesday 11 February:
- a supporting statement, explaining why you believe you can do this role
- a comprehensive CV including details of your achievements in each role, and including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer (please note we will not contact referees without your permission).
If you would like to chat about the role, please call Michelle or Nadine on 020 7766 1101/1119.
Interviews will be on 20 and 21 February 2020.
As we receive a high volume of applications, we will not confirm receipt of application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.