Please note that this ad has now expired
LEVEL 3 - Creative Venue Technician Apprentice
£7.90 per hour
Application deadline: December 9th 2018
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with 2 leading creative organisations? Do you have a passion for live performance and want to work as part of a technical team?
Roundhouse and Sadler’s Wells Theatre are working in partnership to offer two apprenticeships in technical theatre sound, lighting and stage.
Supported by the National College Creative Industries you will work to complete a Level 3 Creative Venue Technician apprenticeship standard, and develop technical skills and production knowledge as you work as part of our crew.
Both of our Apprentices will work equally across Roundhouse and Sadler’s Wells Theatre venues, learning how to operate a sound desk, execute a lighting design and assist on events or productions. You will experience on-the-job training and have the opportunity to work on a variety of circus, dance and theatre performances, as well as music gigs and corporate events.
• Be willing to complete a Level 3 apprenticeship standard with the National College Creative Industries
• Have an enthusiasm for live theatre, music and performance
• Enjoy working practically
• Be determined and proactive with a willingness to learn and develop new skills
• Be self-motivated, committed, positive and reliable
• Have a proactive and flexible approach to work with the ability to work as part of a team
• Be willing to work unsociable hours
• Have excellent time keeping skills
If you have an interest in sound engineering, how lights work within a show and what makes a live event backstage, this may be the right opportunity for you to begin your career in technical theatre.
• Grade C or above in English and Maths are desirable
• Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths will be required to achieve this level prior to the end of the Apprenticeship (delivered by the National College Creative Industries)
• You must not have completed a university degree or equivalent level qualification
If you would like to receive further insight into the role, please join us on our open day on Wednesday 5 December 2018 at 10am.
(If you would like to attend the open day please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 9am, 4th December.)
For more information please download the full job description from our website here https://careers.roundhouse.org.uk/Roundhouse/JobDescription/W0HgMCIaAeI
HOW TO APPLY
• Make sure you tell us why you want to undertake this apprenticeship.
• Remember to tell us why you think you would be a good candidate.
• Try and use the “essential” and “desirable” criteria outlined in the job description to help you structure your application.
• Deadline for applications: Sunday 9 December 2018.
- Go to our website and click apply now here https://careers.roundhouse.org.uk/Roundhouse/JobDescription/W0HgMCIaAeI
Contract: 18 to 24 months
Hours: 40 hours per week (including College time) including evening and weekend work
Salary: £7.90 per hour, plus benefits.
Interviews: Thursday 13th December
We regret that we will only be able to reply to shortlisted candidates.
Roundhouse strives to be an equal opportunities employer.
All personal data submitted to the Roundhouse is used for recruitment purposes and equal opportunities reporting only. By submitting your personal details you consent to the Roundhouse retaining your personal data for these purposes. All information is anonymised before use. In accordance with GDPR all information submitted by unsuccessful applicants will be deleted within six months.