Please note that this ad has now expired
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the ICA
Up to £25,000k
Application deadline: January 22nd 2019
The Institute of Contemporary Arts was founded 72 years ago and is a model that is continuously adapted to the world of today. Our agenda setting programme positions artists and thinkers at the centre of the ICA’s activities: as our Partners, Participants, and our Audience. Historically the ICA has always anchored its programme within the socio-economic conditions of its times. Today, this critical approach is needed more than ever, as we face some of the most complex ecological, ethical and social justice challenges of the 21st Century.
From the Turner Prize nominated exhibition Forensic Architecture to a high-profile discussion with Chelsea Manning, recent months have shown that the ICA is going from strength to strength. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious marketer and communicator to be part of a team making a significant impact at the ICA as it moves towards re-establishing itself as a membership organisation and delivering several important strategic initiatives. The main responsibilities of the Marketing Officer are to implement the marketing strategy with the oversight of the Head of Marketing & PR, spanning the ICA programme, and its membership scheme and other commercial activities. This includes the managing of the ICA’s social media platforms and e-newsletters, which are central forms of communication for the organisation. This role will also track and report on public engagement and the success of our marketing and audience development strategies.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Head of Marketing & PR with the development of marketing material and campaigns for the ICA programme and commercial activities, including working with external agencies.
- Work with the Head of Marketing & PR and Membership Relations Manager to plan and implement membership acquisition and retention strategies including driving membership numbers, engagement, loyalty and revenue to meet an agreed range of targets.
- Generate new content for social media platforms, liaising with the Head of Marketing & PR, Head of Design and the Curatorial team to collect programme content for digital use.
- Produce regular e-newsletters using Mailchimp for all areas of the ICA programme, and for ad hoc membership and commercial activities.
- With oversight of the Head of Marketing & PR, maintain mailing list integrity adhering to GDPR standards.
- Work with the Head of Design on the production / editing of minor videos / animations / gifs.
- Update social media platforms on all ICA programme and commercial activities, maintaining the scheduling calendar and monitoring and responding to customer comments and feedback.
- Work with the Head of Marketing & PR to implement audience development initiatives and related monitoring and audience evaluation in accordance with funding requirements from Arts Council England and other funders.
- Work with the Head of Marketing & PR to plan and implement communications and marketing projects as needed.
- Research and identify new strategic media partners working with the rest of the Communications and Curatorial teams as appropriate.
- Providing general marketing and administrative support to the Head of Marketing & PR and the Head of Design as needed.
- Marketing experience within the visual arts and preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with digital platforms and generating original content for social media platforms
- An understanding of digital copyright, data protection, communication best practice
- The demonstrated ability to be creative, proactive and innovative
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office package, with InDesign and Photoshop and film editing skills, and familiarity with Mailchimp
- Organised with a structured approach to a busy workload
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Availability outside normal working hours to attend events, openings and meetings
- Experience of marketing membership schemes and boosting commercial activities