Please note that this ad has now expired
Membership Account Executive
Application deadline: August 21st 2018
Manchester Digital is the largest digital and technology, not-for-profit trade association in the North. It has over 500 member businesses and carries out a range of activities including conferences, events, business support, talent and skills development and lobbying. Its purpose is to advance the industry for the benefit of the digital and technology community, it is proudly independent, and supported by income generated by membership subscriptions.
We are currently looking for a dynamic Membership Manager who can manage and enhance our member engagement, wrangle some data, keep our finances in order and be a good all round team player. This role is crucial to the success of Manchester Digital and you have the ability to make a significant difference to the profile and success of our industry.
You will manage our member engagement and retention ensuring that our membership is engaged with our activities, informed of the work we are doing on their behalf and taking full advantage of all the benefits that being a member of Manchester Digital can bring.
You must be willing to look for better ways of doing things and not be afraid to suggest and implement new processes and procedures. Accuracy, attention to detail and impeccable spelling and grammar are essential.
The role will include the following:
- Understanding member’s needs and priorities by being staying in regular communication and keeping up to date with trends in the industry.
- Managing and growing the membership database, ensuring all contacts etc. are kept up to date.
- Sending regular communication to members to remind them of the membership benefits and encouraging them to engage.
- Working with the team on campaigns to attract new members and raise our profile at events and networking opportunities.
- Being first line support for any queries we receive.
- Resolving queries from members and potential members.
We are not looking for a particular level of qualification it is more important to find someone who is the right fit for the team although the below skills would stand you in good stead:
- A keen interest in the digital and technology sector
- Happy to work in a fast paced environment and be flexible
- Self starter, proactive, and uses own initiative.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good organisational, planning and prioritisation skills.
- Able to learn and follow processes quickly, with a desire to grow and develop.
- Understanding of basic business finances and financial processes (e.g. invoicing, purchase orders, etc).
- Great with spreadsheets and manipulating data
Training will be given on all systems and as some evening and weekend work is required there is occasional flexitime.
Salary range is £20k - £25k dependent upon experience.
Please apply sending a CV and a covering letter telling us why you are perfect for this role to email@example.com