Please note that this ad has now expired
Seeking experienced Metal Fabricators on fixed term basis
Application deadline: October 14th 2019
Weber Industries is seeking experienced fabricators specialising in metal who can work with initiative as part of a team to deliver a wide range of bespoke projects—with a focus on studio-based metal fabrication and on-site installation works.
- Undertake fabrication works in collaboration with our team in the studio and on site, bringing specialist knowledge of materials and processes—including structural fabrication and coded welding.
- Work confidently with machinery and tools (focussing on metal, but also including wood, CNC-machining, mould-making and casting).
- Work competently with fabrication drawings, including using Rhino to navigate models.
- Deliver projects appropriate to client brief, upholding high standards of craft and presentation in the delivery of works.
- Undertake works in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Foster good working relationships within the team, engendering a collaborative and supportive working environment.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject or vocational equivalent.
- Experience of coded welding and structural metalwork.
- Experience of on-site working and proof of appropriate training (i.e. CSCS card or equivalent accreditation).
- Proficiency in a range of software such as Microsoft, Adobe, AutoCAD etc.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of tool and machinery maintenance.
- Awareness of health and safety best practice.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with prestigious clients on a diverse range of bespoke projects.
- A respected role within our small, committed team where your input will be valued.
- The chance to refine your craft and learn new skills.
- Free lunch and access to studio facilities for personal projects.
Making an application:
- Download the detailed job description from our website to review the demands and expectations of the role.
- Prepare your portfolio with a cover letter and CV (including two references).
- Email your application to Anna Bunting-Branch (Head of Administration).
- Successful applicants will be selected based to a skills trial (arranged on a flexible basis, unpaid).