Please note that this ad has now expired
Calling all literature lovers! If you’re looking to kickstart your publishi
Application deadline: April 10th 2019
SAGE is a leading independent, academic and professional publisher of innovative, high-quality content. Since its founding in 1965, SAGE has helped inform and educate a global community of scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students across a broad range of subject areas.
They are looking for two Publishing Assistants to provide administrative support to the editorial and sales teams on a variety of projects. You will be able to take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities (including formal training and mentoring).
The internship will comprise of four, three month rotations in departments across the company – two rotations in editorial (Books and Journals), and one rotation each with their Online Products and Sales teams.
Editorial – You will spend six months in their Books Editorial team and six months in their Editorial Journals teams helping to deliver their publishing programme. Whilst in this area, you will assist with a variety of tasks including market research, contract administration and keeping product information up-to-date. You will learn about how they manage relationships with their authors, editors and other publishing partners and about the editorial process. This is a brilliant opportunity to see how projects develop through the various stages, from concept to publication.
- Assisting with meetings and travel arrangements (including taking minutes, following up on action points as directed)
- Assisting with reviewing book proposals and the preparation of Journals proposals
- Assisting in the inclusion of titles in Amazon’s print-on-demand programme
- Checking manuscripts and preparing them for handover to the Production Department
- Dealing with customer queries
- Desk research on markets and for journal tenders and launches
- Keeping up-to-date records and data analysis
- Submitting titles to self-service marketing campaigns
- Supporting social media strategies
- Writing copy, such as book blurbs and catalogue content
- Testing new product developments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Graduate in any subject area
- A well-organised, proactive person
- Interested in and committed to learning about publishing
- Strong attention to detail
- A confident communicator both in person and via email
- Proficient at using standard IT packages (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This internship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly