Please note that this ad has now expired
Social Media Editor
Application deadline: December 17th 2018
£25,500 per annum
The Royal Opera House offers world-class opera, ballet, music and dance live on stage at our iconic theatre in Covent Garden, and reaches out to audiences across the UK and beyond through ROH Cinema and digital content on other platforms. An essential part of the work of the Communications team is to manage all external relations relating to The Royal Opera and The Royal Ballet, the year-round repertoire, the ballet and opera tours, our cinema programme and the BP Big Screens.
The Royal Opera House is now looking for a Social Media Editor to join the Communications team, in our Audiences and Media department. Working to the Head of Brand Engagement and Social Media, you will deliver a service across brand engagement and social media which supports a range of activities and our position as a sector leader. This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking to build on your career in social media, working to deliver to an agreed strategy and objectives within a Communications team. The role is offered on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with these qualities:
- Ability to contribute to the growth of a strong digital offering for a national brand
- A good understanding of the digital landscape and how digital tools can be used to engage, build awareness, influence and generate income
- Very good written and verbal communication skills, and a consistent high level of customer care and responsiveness
- Experience of creating or working with content plans, writing, managing and reporting on social media and other online activity
- Flexibility to be available for evening work and weekends as required, to provide cover for scheduled performances and events and emergency matters
- Commitment to managing own learning and continuous professional development relevant to the role
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact difference has on our teams.
A full job description and details of how to apply are available on our website www.roh.org.uk or from the HR Department, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and you can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.
Closing Date for applications: 8.00 am, Monday, 17 December 2018
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 19 and Thursday 20 December 2018
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.