£13.25 per hour, permanent contract from September 2019
Application deadline: August 27th 2019
As the home to The Royal Ballet and The Royal Opera, at the Royal Opera House we want many more people to enjoy and engage in exceptional ballet and opera. Following a major redevelopment project (`Open Up`), we now welcome even more people to the building, especially during the day.
We are now looking for new Tour Guides to join our dedicated, friendly and professional Visitor Experience team.
Our Tour Guides play a key role in ensuring all visitors are welcomed warmly into a safe, engaging and theatrical environment by delivering an engaging, informative and memorable tour whilst also promoting the ROH`s brand and art forms, programme of activities, charitable purpose and any commercial opportunities.
Tours can take place 7 days a week and run both in Covent Garden, London and at the ROH Production Park in Purfleet in Essex, where our craftspeople create the scenery and costumes for our productions.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Current experience as a Tour Guide
- A knowledge of and a passion for theatre crafts, particularly opera and ballet
- Excellent English language and presentation skills
- First-class customer service skills and the confidence to manage a group of people effectively and professionally, while remaining calm, safe, patient and dynamic
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the diplomacy required to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues at all levels within an organization
- Effective team skills, with the ability to organize yourself and work unsupervised
You will work a minimum of 12 hours (3 x 4-hour shifts) per week, working over a 7-day working pattern. The minimum call time per day will be 4 hours, and the average shift length per day is expected to be 6.1 hours. Tour Guides are required to offer 5 out of 7 days availability per week, and your availability will be required 5 weeks in advance of a monthly rota being published, which will be confirmed 1 month in advance.
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact diversity has on our teams.
A full job description and instructions and on how to apply are available here:http://recruitment.roh.org.uk/vacancyView.php?requirementId=3642..Please contact the Human Resources Department via email@example.com or on Tel: +44 (0)20 7212 9631 if you have any access requirements or queries. Applicants must have work authorization for the UK.
Closing date for the receipt of applications: 8.00 am, Tuesday 27th August 2019.
Interviews will be held on 3rd and 4th September 2019.