£28,600.00 per annum
Application deadline: August 27th 2019
Full-time (40 hours per week)
As the home to The Royal Ballet and The Royal Opera, at the Royal Opera House we want many more people to enjoy and engage in exceptional ballet and opera. Following a major redevelopment project (`Open Up`), we now welcome even more people to the building, especially during the day.
We are now looking for an experienced Tour Supervisor to join our dedicated, friendly and professional Visitor Experience team.
The Tours Supervisor role is new and will assist the Tours Manager in driving Group sales and in reaching the full revenue earning and products potential of the department, assisting with the daily operational and training requirements of a busy team of both permanent and casual Tour Guides working across our sites in Covent Garden, London and Purfleet, Essex. The responsibilities of the role include:
- Monitoring and supporting training in order that tour guides deliver tours to the highest standards of service, conduct and professionalism.
- Being fully conversant of emergency procedures and routes and to play an active part in these procedures.
- Assisting with the presentation of tours schedules.
- Processing Groups tours bookings and responding to enquiries.
- Positively promoting the tours programme at tourism and travel trade shows and industry events.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A proven track record of seeking out and driving new Group sales opportunities
- Strong administration skills to include rostering and scheduling
- A history of delivering first-class tours in an entertaining and engaging manner
- Good IT skills and knowledgeable in using technology such as Box Office software, room booking management software, tour guide audio systems and MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the diplomacy required to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues and external clients at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal English.
You will work 40 hours per week (5 x 8-hour days), rostered over a 7-day working pattern. Hours will normally be Monday to Friday, but you will need to be available to work some weekends.
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact diversity has on our teams.
A full job description and information on how to apply for this position are available on our website http://recruitment.roh.org.uk/vacancyView.php?requirementId=3644.. Please contact the Human Resources Department on Tel: +44 (0)20 7212 9631 if you have any access requirements or queries. Applicants must have work authorization for the UK.
Closing date for the receipt of applications: 8.00 am, Tuesday 27th August 2019.
Interviews will be held on 11th and 12th September 2019.