Please note that this ad has now expired
Trainee Assistant Producer – Factual Commissioning
This is a fantastic opportunity for a digitally driven, organised individua
Application deadline: April 1st 2019
Blue Planet 2, Louis Theroux, Inside The Factory and Eat Well For Less are just a few of the incredible TV programmes that come from BBC’s Factual Commissioning department. Providing a unique combination of storytelling, information and entertainment, they allow powerful stories to be heard and journeys of discovery to take place.
They are looking for a proactive and collaborative Trainee Assistant Producer to join the digital team within the department, which looks to help reach new, younger audiences in a variety of ways. You will be at the centre of all channel activity, working with a variety of social media teams across the BBC and developing relationships with external partners.
This is a unique opportunity for someone early in their career looking to gain an insight into the process of commissioning, with a particular focus on digital strategy and younger audiences. The role will include making contacts across a large range of departments at the BBC, opening up potential avenues for future opportunities.
So if you are up to date with the latest social media trends, knowledgeable about factual entertainment and willing to kickstart your career in television, they would love to hear from you!
- Practical admin support for the digital team and wider TV commissioning department
- Managing shared documents and organising file storage using Google Docs and Dropbox
- Completing relevant paperwork using Microsoft Office software
- Working closely with internal partners – such as social teams across the BBC – to help the creation and distribution of digital content
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- An understanding of every stage of the commissioning process
- An understanding of what works in terms of digital and social media content for younger audiences
- Research and administrative skills
- Development and planning skills
- Social and digital content production skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Confident using Microsoft Office
- Good communicator and a willing collaborator with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive and organised
- Passion for all areas of factual content
- Understanding of how audiences use digital media platforms
- Desire to learn practical digital content skills, in particular use of website CMS and different types of social media platforms
- Creative ideas for how the BBC could be doing better on social and digital platforms
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document
- This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly
- This is a training programme – not a job. It is a scheme for organisations who want to address under-representation in their