Please note that this ad has now expired
The Royal Court is seeking applications for the role of Trainee Director.
Application deadline: September 30th 2019
The Trainee Director supports and assists the Artistic Director, resident Associate Directors and visiting directors on productions, being present throughout rehearsals and noting the show during the course of the run. The Trainee Director will also work closely with the artistic team as a whole to support writers and develop new plays.
- Assisting and supporting internal and freelance directors in the rehearsal room – this may involve contributing to rehearsal discussions, taking note of rehearsal progress, supervising break out rehearsals, assisting with scheduling rehearsal calls and on occasions, leading rehearsals in the director’s absence.
- Carrying out research for each production
- Assisting the casting team as required
- Supporting cast members as required (eg running lines)
- Being in attendance throughout production week, in technical and dress rehearsals, throughout previews and at press nights.
- Supporting Stage Management and technical staff in rehearsals and during production week
- Monitoring the productions during their run, watching and noting the show at least once a week
- Working with the Participation Team on production related workshops and information, as required.
- Running workshops for one off projects, including workshops for the Participation Team.
- Directing development readings and one off projects, as appropriate.
- Where appropriate, to support the work of Literary Department and the International Department
- Attending all Royal Court productions at preview stage and offering constructive feedback via Associate Directors.
- Attending regular staff and company meetings.
- Preparing for and attending weekly script meetings and artistic planning meetings
- To adhere to and promote the companies policies in relation to equal opportunities, health and safety, diversity and sustainability.
- Carrying out any other duties required by the theatre in pursuance of its key objectives.
For further information on how to apply please visit our website at www.royalcourttheatre.com/about/jobs/
Please note that we do not accept CVs. Only applications submitted on the Royal Court’s Trainee Director Application Form can be considered.