Please note that this ad has now expired
Calling all news junkies! Take note of this phenomenal opportunity to train
London Living Wage
Application deadline: January 20th 2019
FT Specialist (part of the Financial Times Group) is home to 15 different products catering for various segments of the business information world, from high level executives in the banking and pensions industries to financial advisers and personal investors. They publish across print, digital, video and audio and host a series of events both in the UK and globally.
The team at FT Specialist are looking for a Trainee Reporter to join their busy team. This position is for an initial 18 months, but there may be an opportunity for a permanent position at the end of the traineeship for the right person.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience within different areas of the business and will join a team of 80 journalists based in London, and a total of 150 worldwide, writing for a diverse range of audiences. During this internship, they will also be able to complete a professional journalism qualification.
If you are looking for the chance to be mentored by award-winning journalists and develop your skills in this field, the FT would love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- On the job training with experienced and award-winning journalists and reporters
- Knowledge and experience in researching and producing stories
- Contributing to cover features when appropriate
- Enrolment onto the NCTJ Diploma in Journalism course
- Attend training part-time one evening a week and on Saturdays (Working hours will be adjusted to take this into account)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Some experience of writing expected
- A basic level of financial knowledge is necessary
- A genuine interest in business, economics and current affairs
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This internship is only open to candidates from a BAME background or to those with lower socio-economic status
- Do not contact the company directly