Do you have a nose for news and the ability to comment on current trends in
Broadcast is a weekly news magazine for the UK television and radio industry. Covering a wide range of news and issues affecting the professional broadcast market in the UK, their coverage includes news, commissioning, facilities, analysis, opinion, interview, platforms, production and ratings.
The team at Broadcast are on the hunt for a Trainee Reporter to join their team for twelve months. As the key forum for debate in the TV industry, they are looking for someone with a passion for media journalism, particularly B2B. You will have a provable interest in current affairs, an in-depth knowledge of trends in the world of television and the ability to comment on current players in the industry.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to produce written articles for print and online, comprising industry news, interviews, analysis and features.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to learn on the job; both about the country’s media industry and the skills to become a journalist. So, if you are up-to-date on current TV topics and eager to get started in the world of media reporting, they would love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Interviewing skills
- The ability to think on your feet
- How to work at speed to hit hourly/daily/weekly deadlines
- Ability to assimilate a large volume of information and pick out key elements and simplify complex ideas
- Liaising with different people in the industry and the opportunity to network
- Writing and editing skills
- Writing stories from press releases/ telephone interviews/ in-person interview
- Building relationships with industry figures within a specified area of responsibility
- Attending industry events, panels and press conferences
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A passion for the TV, radio and media industry
- Some experience of writing for magazines/newspapers required
- Knowledge of how to structure news stories preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to take initiative
- No formal qualifications required, but written English must be of high standard
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This internship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly