Please note that this ad has now expired
Application deadline: March 19th 2019
Founded in 2004, Dragonfly pride themselves on producing high-end factual television. Their recent productions include BBC1’s Ambulance (winner of the BAFTA for Best Factual Series, 2018), BBC2’s Surgeons: At the Edge of Life (winner of Welsh BAFTA for Best Factual Series, 2018), and My Dad, The Peace Deal and Me (Winner of the Grierson Award for Best Documentary Presenter, 2018).
They are looking for a brilliant Trainee Researcher to join them for twelve months as part of their development team. The successful candidate will learn how to assist with the research and generation of new ideas, whilst also gaining some hands-on experience with various productions.
The chosen candidate will learn how to help conduct research for TV ideas, write proposals and identify broadcaster needs and trends. They will also be given the opportunity to find contributors and carry out running duties for filming.
After completing this internship, you will have gained an insightful look into the TV development and production process. You will have also acquired solid research skills for factual TV and will have a full understanding of the different elements that contribute to a successful TV programme.
So, if you love a good factual programme, then this is the perfect opportunity to join a company that is committed to producing fantastic TV formats.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Research skills
- Ideas generation skills
- Pitch writing skills
- How production works
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Previous TV work experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Must have demonstrable passion for factual TV
- Great people skills
- An eye for a good story
- Excellent written and verbal communication (must have good spelling skills and an understanding of grammar)
- A Levels
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This internship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly