Please note that this ad has now expired
Video Producer and Director
£18,000 - £30,000
Application deadline: March 18th 2019
VIDEO PRODUCER AND DIRECTOR
£18,000–£30,000 a year
Application deadline: 18th March 2019
Apply through our application form at https://www.angelsharp.com/application
We are seeking a talented filmmaker with a great design eye, sensitivity for tone, and panache for visual storytelling to join our Oxford team and take the lead on a wide range of film projects.
Angel Sharp Media Ltd is a boutique documentary production house that specialises in high quality cinematic online shorts for a diverse range of clients and organisations.
Whether generating innovative content for some of the country’s top museums and universities, shedding light on the latest scientific discoveries, curating humorous viral campaigns, or travelling the world to capture compelling human stories, we have carved out a reputation as a highly creative on-the-pulse agency at the forefront of specialised digital media.
We are seeking someone whose core skills are producing and directing, and has particular experience in at least one other area from the following:
• Sound Engineering
You should have a passion for creating beautiful, inspiring, and captivating videos, a commitment to playing with the video form, experimenting with video techniques, and have insight into the delicate pairing of music and visuals. You should have a keen interest in exploring the space between TV and native online video, and responding inventively to the changing needs of viewers.
As part of our tight-knit six-person team, you will be responsible for working confidently at every stage of a project, creating videos tailored to the needs of the client. At times working as an individual, but predominantly working in collaboration with the team, you will be a key part of the creative idea-generation process, and will have a wide knowledge and interest in the technical aspects of multimedia production for online environments.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Project managing video productions from start to finish, organising shoots, booking freelancers, managing a budget, overseeing editing, and delivery of final product to client
• Interviewing and directing contributors, shooting a variety of footage and managing crews on location
• Working closely with the in-house team, understanding their needs and contributing suitable creative ideas and feedback on their projects
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
• A strong talent for filmmaking and storytelling, combined with a respect for the budget, the brief and client requirements
• Excellent communication skills, with the confidence to liaise with clients from the pitching stage to the feedback process
• Exceptional design eye and visual sensibilities
• Sensitive and attuned to music choices which support and enhance visuals
• Strong skills in people-management and the ability to lead a team and harness the skills of others
• Passion for online video and digital channels
Only candidates with the right to live and work in the UK will be considered for this role.