Autumn Faculty Meeting (11 October) Bristol
UK COLLEGES: Save the date for the Autumn Faculty Meeting
Confirmed Venue- Bristol Old Vic.
The focus of the meeting will be a scoping of next year’s calendar (September 2014 – June 2015), changes to Awarding Body relationships, and the creation of regional Programme hubs.
Since the Summer Faculty Meeting, we have decided to concentrate the number of Faculty Meetings to two a year; in the Autumn (11 October 2013) in Bristol and (4 March 2014) in Purfleet, Essex) to reduce your travel, and also take into consideration the Cluster and regional meetings that will take place.
Please register your attendance here by 25 September.
Here’s an update on the progress we’ve made since our meeting in June:
• A map of the locations and sectors of the Skills Academy Managers was requested. Action: This has been produced- see the map here.
• A platform for discussion of qualification issues and concerns was requested. Action: A LinkedIn group has been created- join us here.
• An annual cross disciplinary showcase for students was requested. Action: This idea is being scoped with Showcase Cities. Feedback on the initial proposal here.
• It was noted that many partners weren’t aware of the option to log in to the News Feed and leave comments. Action: We are circulating log-in details and instructions to the key contacts.
• Downloadable certificates for student and tutor activities were requested. Action: These will launch in October for testing.
• It was suggested that online tools like the ones developed by The Workshop could play a role in the Skills Academy. Action: This is being scoped as part of a Creative Academy.
• A research project around the destinations of students and an online course search function based on future job titles were suggested. Action: A proposal is being created to combine these two projects.