Creative & Cultural Skills: LIVE PERFORMANCE CALL OUT
Creative & Cultural Skills are looking for young bands musicians and performers (aged 14 - 24) to be part of our National Conference and 2016 Awards Dinner.
National Conference 2016
On 3 March 2016, our National Conference will bring together leaders from across the creative industries for a day of learning, inspiration and debate.
Following our campaign theme 'Building a Creative Nation: Putting Skills to Work', the conference will feature leaders from government, industry and education as we champion the success of getting young people into work and training in the creative industries. We are looking for proposals from the National Skills Academy network to provide acts throughout the day that showcases the best of young emerging talent.
Creative & Cultural Skills Awards 2016
Celebrating inspirational mentors and managers in the creative industries who have shown an outstanding commitment to training up the next generation, we are looking for this evening event (March 2nd) to also highlight some of the great talent from within our network.
Creative & Cultural Skills will shine a light on those who are making a difference by passing on their own skills as a master would do to an apprentice, leading training and talent development schemes, mentoring or coaching formally or informally, or by being an inspirational manager or sector leader.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for the following types of act:
- Drum troupe
- Spoken Word
- Classical Musician / Orchestra
In addition to this, if you think you have an entertainment act that would be suitable for either our award ceremony or our national conference (we are also open to new and interesting ideas such as dance or trapeze performances). Please email Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We welcome all types of genres of bands, acoustic artists, solo singers and choirs. You will be playing to a new audience made up of industry leaders.
- You should be highly accomplished in your performance.
- Able to play a minimum of three songs or ten minutes
- Have recorded or have the capacity to record demos which should be placed on sound cloud, YouTube or sent directly to us.
- You will be available to perform at The Backstage Centre on either 2nd or 3rd March 2016
To give you an idea of how we are intending to programme our 2016 event; in 2015 we had the following line-up.
Cara Winter played before and during dinner.
Youth Club played directly after the awards to see us out.
Natasha North played at the close of our Conference the following day
This year we are looking to provide even more excitement. Your performance will be visually interesting and exciting and should fulfil at least one of the following objectives:
- Your performance will entertain guests as they enter the venue and before they eat dinner
- Your performance will provide classic background entertainment while our guests eat dinner.
- Your performance will provide a fitting climax to our award ceremony
- Your performance will provide entertainment during the lunch interval at our conference while people are networking in our exhibition space
- Your performance will provide entertainment during the end of conference networking session
- We will select up to three winner that will perform at our Conference and/or Awards
- £250 prize money will be awarded to the winning college
- Each winner will be given a free 8 hour session in our recording studio at The Backstage Centre
- You will be promoted on our website, through our social media outlets and in our conference guide
HOW TO APPLY
Email Mohammed.Rahman@ccskills.org.uk with the subject line ‘Performance live brief entry’. The email should include links to the following:
- A minimum of 3 songs or a ten minute performance via soundcloud or other online platform. (Audio artists only)
- A video of at least one song or performance
- If you are unable to submit your application in this way, but still wish to be involved please contact us on 0207 015 1802
- Creative & Cultural Skills will review the submissions along with industry professionals
- We will select a winner to perform at the conference or awards
- Deadline for submissions is 5pm Friday 23rd January 2016
- Winners will be announced W/C 26 January 2016.