Design Museum CPD for Tutors
A one-day professional development course (CPD) for FE Tutors.
Take part in the second annual Design Museum CPD, a full-day course offered as part of the museum’s new Your Studio programme for FE students and tutors.
- Design Museum, 28 Shad Thames, London, SE1 2DY
- Monday 7 July 2014
- 10.00am – 4.00pm
- £150 per person
- Fee includes: lunch/refreshments, materials and admission to all exhibitions until 5.45pm.
- Early bird offer: bring a colleague for free (details below*).
This course is packed full of creative content and methodologies directly useful to the delivery of Level 3 vocational Art & Design qualifications. To support tutors in embedding the museum’s resources within their curricula, it is strengthened by fresh ideas for student briefs, talks from curators and professional designers and opportunities for curriculum planning and networking.
The day will include:
- Methods to support and extend creative responses to handling collections, gallery-based research and Your Studio student workshops in the Museum’s inspiring contemporary exhibitions
- Practical explorations of client design briefs, taking inspiration from our handling collections and the Design Museum’s annual exhibitions, Designs of the Year and Designers In Residence
- Advice from senior Subject Advisors from qualifications and awarding bodies on how to use your student’s museum study visits to strengthen their portfolio and contextual studies
- Opportunities to exchange creative ideas with other tutors and design education specialists.
- Information and advice to support your students’ participation in this year’s annual 14-19 Student Design Competition.
To book, please complete the online form at: www.bit.ly/2014FEdesign
Alternatively, please contact the Learning Team on 020 7940 8782 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Delegates that complete their booking by 5pm on Thursday 5 June 2014 can apply for a free place for a colleague (subject to availability).
The final booking deadline is 5pm on Friday 27 June 2014.