Enter our Student Design Award
UK ART & DESIGN DEPARTMENTS: Tell your students to submit an entry to our Design Award, part of the Creative & Cultural Employer Awards.
These awards will celebrate the work of creative and cultural employers up and down the country who create opportunities for young people to work and learn in the industry.
Awards for young people
This year we will also be celebrating the achievements of tutors and young people by introducing new awards, including:
- Apprentice of the Year
- Paid Intern of the Year
- Tutor of the Year.
The awards need to represent the qualities of training for the creative sector, and for this reason we would like to pick a Design Award from our network’s Art and Design students.
Dates for your diaries
- 16 December: Design brief to be launched, with the fabricated materials chosen by the maker. Groups and individuals can apply.
- 31 January: Deadline for students to submit their final design, process images and a filmed video pitch.
- 7 February: Winner announced by a judging panel of design and education professionals.
- 12 February: Maker consultation with the designer to finalise the fabrication of the design ready for the realisation.
- 5 March: Final awards presented to winner as part of our Annual Conference Dinner.
If you have any questions before the brief is announced please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The design challenge is open to all students including your apprentice learners.