Nominate your staff for the Creative & Cultural Skills Tutor of the Year Award
Tutors inspire, mentor and teach the next generation of creatives. We would like you to help us celebrate their success. We are taking nominations until Thursday 13 February.
There are a couple of new categories for this year’s Annual Conference Employer Awards. One of these will be the ‘Creative Tutor of the Year’ for a FE tutor who delivers on a Creative Faculty programme (within SSA9).
Creative & Cultural Skills would like to offer its member colleges, with a leading edge on delivery for the creative sector, the chance to recognise their tutors as part of an annual awards ceremony. The awards aim to both inspire and improve delivery nationally, and allow the Skills Academy to formally champion best practice.
Tutors inspire, mentor and teach the next generation of creatives. We would like you to help us celebrate their success through highlighting a tutor within your college.
….a tutor who brings industry into the college, demonstrates the diversity of roles after training, and mentors students in their progression into work or further training
We anticipate the tutor of the Year will have the following qualities.
- ….demonstrates a rounded process of delivery that is authentic to industry
- … demonstrates the diversity of the creative sector and the skills needed to progress into work within it
- ….. utilises industry both on campus in their work places
- …..makes cross college links to innovate and change the way training is carried out.
• Tutor must be based at a member (Associate or Founder) education partner of the National Skills Academy for Creative & Cultural
• The tutor must deliver on a course within SSA9 subjects
Nominations should be submitted on the attached form, and sent to Will.Hahn@ccskills.org.uk by Thursday 13 February. The Nomination form can be downloaded from this page.
The Awards Ceremony will be on 5 March 2014 as part of our pre-conference dinner. We hope to invite the short listed tutors the dinner, but if they are unable to attend will present the Award winner in their college location.
In the future we would like to grow these Awards to highlight cross college collaborations and visiting artists that ensure your courses are diverse and specialised in equal measure.